Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My MBTI

                My MBTI said that I was INTP.  This means that I tend to be Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, and Perceiving.  I agree with a majority of these but believe that some are not entirely true.
                An Introvert is someone who gets their energy from within themselves and enjoys time alone.  I don’t feel that this is an accurate description of me.  When alone, I am often bored and I feel energized when around friends.  I do however, feel uncomfortable around large groups or people that I am not familiar with.  I believe that I am somewhere in between an introvert and an extrovert, drawing my energy from a small group of close friends.
                Being Intuitive is thinking about the big idea as opposed to every detail.  I believe this describes me because I like to learn why or how things work but find names and specifics unnecessary.  I remember processes, patterns, and connections but struggle with minor facts.
                A Thinking type decision maker makes judgments based on logic.  I agree with this result because I enjoy debate and use logic to form my arguments.  I sometimes upset people by doing what makes sense instead of what they want.
                Someone who is Perceiving deals with things as they come.  I hate having strict plans and dates set, I would rather just make decisions when they need to be made.  I usually procrastinate and put off things that need to be done until last minute.  I am unorganized and have never used a planner.
                I feel that this was a fairly good indicator of my personality type but also believe that some aspects are more complicated than being one way or the other.  I have noticed several categories where I possess traits of both type and this cannot be shown by a simple four letter code.

No comments:

Post a Comment