The Hixson award means a lot to me. The Hixson award is giving me a chance to be successful and productive in my future.
Growing up, I always planned on attending college but never had a plan as to how. My family has never had enough money to save any for future expenses. I knew I could take out loans but didn’t want to be in major debt. The Hixson award has given me a way to attend college without placing further financial burden on my family. I will still graduate with debt, but with an amount that I see as reasonable.
I also feel honored to have received the Hixson award. I can hardly believe that I am among the few recipients of this award considering the many possible candidates. Being honored with this opportunity I feel that it is my duty to use it to its fullest potential and learn as much about being successful in life as I can while here at Iowa State University.
Overall I am thankful, honored, and proud to have received the Hixson Award.
No comments:
Post a Comment